REACHING A FAIR AND HONEST SETTLEMENT — TOGETHER
Taking control of any family law situation by using a family law mediator can be an effective, low cost strategy for ensuring favorable resolutions to your case without court intervention.
Mediation provides numerous advantages over litigation, including the ability to:
- Avoid having to pay for your attorney’s time to prepare for and participate in a contested trial
- Avoid having to endure the stress of preparing for your own court testimony and the testimony of your witnesses at a contested hearing
- Decide upon what your parenting time will be rather than have a judge, who doesn’t know you or your kids, decide it for you
- Decide your financial future through agreement rather than protracted litigation
- Participate in confidential settlement negotiations in a safe, more relaxed atmosphere than the courtroom
- Work with the other party to reach a mutually agreeable resolution of your issues rather than having to live with whatever a judge decides for you
At The Law Office of Marion McBain, P.C., I assist clients throughout the Denver metro in resolving divorce and family law issues through mediation. Backed by 18 years of legal experience, I serve as a neutral mediator to facilitate the mediation process for clients who either represent themselves or are represented by other counsel.
Save valuable time and money by mediating your family law matter. Contact my office online or call 303-635-2246 to schedule a free 20-minute consultation with me.
Family Law Mediator · A Cost-Effective Alternative To Litigation
In mediation, both parties work with a neutral mediator to negotiate an amicable settlement in a strictly confidential environment. The mediator does not represent either party and does not make any final decision in the matter. The mediator’s role is to facilitate discussion, offer ideas and suggestions and to assist the parties in coming to a resolution.
Most Colorado courts will order divorcing spouses to attend court-ordered mediation in the hope that disputed issues can be resolved without a trial. Even without a court order, individuals facing any family law issue are free to try mediation to resolve disagreements.
My background as an attorney in Colorado’s family law court system enables me to offer insight into how a judge may rule on a given topic considering the facts of a particular case. Mediators without my extensive courtroom experience are less able to predict the outcome that may result if an agreement is not reached and a judge is asked to decide the case. This insight helps parties to be realistic about their positions and reach settlements efficiently and affordably.