How do I get custody of my child when I was never married to my child’s mother/father?
child-custody-issues-divorceA Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities is what you file with the courts when you and your child’s other parent were never married. The courts will decide decision making, parental responsibilities (custody), parenting time and child support unless you and your ex are able to agree. What you do agree upon is reduced to writing called a “stipulation” and this stipulation is filed with the court. If the court accepts your stipulation it is made an order of the court. If you agree on parenting issues but not child support or vice versa the court will decide the unresolved issues for you.

Comprehensive Family Law Assistance

I am able to assist you with a number of domestic legal issues including but not limited to:
  • Divorce
  • Legal separation
  • Child support orders and modifications
  • Child custody
  • Spousal support
  • Step-parent adoptions
  • Grandparent rights and visitation
  • Collection of support through garnishment or income assignments
  • Parental responsibility
  • Modification of parenting time
  • Relocation out-of-state with minor children
  • Domestic violence
  • Protective orders (restraining orders)
  • Dependency and neglect
  • Low cost mediation options

Contact my office online or call 303-635-2246 to schedule a free 20 minute consultation to discuss your specific divorce or family law concerns today.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.